[Spridgets] Spinning shift knob

bjshov8 at tx.rr.com bjshov8 at tx.rr.com
Fri Aug 6 15:09:38 MDT 2010

The idea is that the shift knob screws on the end of the shift lever.  Now since normally it has a shift pattern or logo or whatever on top of it, or its shape makes it want to be turned a certain direction, it is unlikely that it will tighten up in just that orientation, so you put the lock nut under the knob, then screw on the knob.  When you have the knob rotated the way you want it, you hold it in position and screw the lock nut up from underneath and tighten it against the bottom of the shift knob.  (Sometimes called a "jam" nut.)  This should lock the shift knob and the lock nut in position.