[Spridgets] MGB engine in a midget?

HealeyRick healeyrick at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 5 14:36:35 MDT 2010

Have to agree with David.  Engine/transmission swaps are a lot of work and
require lots of minor modifications you'd never think of.  (Ask me how I
know!)  There are a lot of great choices to repower a Spridget, e.g. Miata
twincam, Mazda rotary, V6s and the Ford Duratec.  IIRC, the B engine is taller
than the Spridget motor and won't clear the hood of the Spridget.  I think a B
engine will get you all of the bad parts of a swap with only a tiny helping of
the good.  Cruise on over to BritishV8.org and there are plenty of examples of
various Spridget swaps that would be a better idea.

Rick

Follow My Nasty Boy Build:  http://tinyurl.com/yj52fwo