[Spridgets] Carfax

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 4 19:03:07 MDT 2010

I can vouch first hand for seeing clean Carfaxs that were damaged cars. I
recently was used car shopping, and the first two ebay examples (both also
Dealer Certified respectively by 2 different dealers) were hit. One was
clobbered, and the dealer pleaded "no contest" to my opinion.

--- On Wed,

<kk7ss at verizon.net>
<spridgets at autox.team.net>
> Date: Wednesday, August 4, 2010, 11:02 AM
> CBC
and CBS have done specials on
> Carfax.

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/news/21441414/detail.html

http://www.cbc.ca/consumer/story/2009/01/15/marketplace-carfax.html

Many of the Carfax reports did not show any damage
> sustained to the

vehicle... OTOH Carfax has reported damage to vehicles that
> were known

clean!!
> Many complaints!  (wwww.consumeraffairs.com).
>
> Autocheck may be
better... I believe they include data from
> salavage
> yards, DMV's, FEMA
(Storm/Flood Damage) etc...

> Caveat Emptor!