[Spridgets] rebuilding 1275cc engines

uniquelittlecars at yahoo.com uniquelittlecars at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 29 22:54:50 MDT 2010

Linda,

Your going to pay more then that for a good motor with out transmission.
Depending on the work to be done - around 5-7K for a hot motor most places.
You can have a motor done cheaper - Then ask your self what parts they used.
They have to save money some where to make a profit even on a cheap motor.
Depending on what kind of motor & you can get one - a short or long block is
best value.
If you have any skill with tools at all - A torque wrench,Socket set, basic
hand tools,
factory repair & spare parts manual. Then your armed and dangerous as they
say.
My friends 15 year old son put together a 1275cc short block. He only asked
questions
Those were where mostly torque setting & why the head studs did not match up.

( they gave him back the wrong head ) - That was an easy fix.
When done - the motor ran real sweet - it had the prefect cam for street .
Kind of a fun story -
A few of us went to the kids house one day a month to help on the restoration
of the car..
He was trying to surprise his dad who was doing time in the sand box war.
The funny thing is - he had no idea his dad had bought the bugeye to restore
for him.
I guess some times things just work out to have a neat ending.
Now there a two bugeye family & just painted Ashley Fastback for mom,

Vigil