[Spridgets] MC setup

Dean Hedin dlh2001 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 21 22:54:45 MDT 2010

Did you resleeve in brass or stainless?  Just curious..

Adjustment looks more complicated than it really is.

Adjust the pushrod length and the 1/4 -28 stop nut
such that you get the maximum stroke AND so that there is a minimum
1/32" free play movement of the pushrod before the piston moves when the pedal is
depressed.

You must have a small amount of freeplay in the pedal before the piston moves
so that the piston can safely return to it's home position when the pedal is released.

BTW, The original master had a piece of felt is the bottom of the pedal box
where the pedals go.   This was to help keep brake fluid off the pedals should the
master begin to leak, or if you spill brake fluid while filling the master.

It's bogus.  Here is what I did.  I got a small piece of 1/4 inch thick rubber and I cut it
the width of the pedal box and about 1/2 inch high.  I then bonded it with silicone
to the bottom of the pedal box between the master and the area where the pedals enter.
It forms a little dam that will totally prevent any fluid from getting onto the pedals.

Make sure you get some good grease on those rebushed pedals pivots before you
re-assemble.