[Spridgets] Daily driver duty

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 17 06:35:34 MDT 2010

--- On Sat, 4/17/10, CosmicMag1380 <cosmicmag1380 at gmail.com> wrote:
> For those of us who have been English car fans since we
> were kids, I
> respectfully disagree! My first Bugeye was towed home on

Yeah-man. There is something immensely satisfying about using up a car. My first car was an MGB that saw 3 Albany winters and all the tricks necessary to survive them at college (and to successfully date my now-wife). At my son's high school, there is a 1275 Midget that one of the kids drives everyday, even throughout this winter (white with Wisconsin plates, garish gold Rostyles if anyone knows the car). Some will blanch at this, but it looks incredible covered in winter crap.

I think I have never completely bonded with my street Bugeye because I don't use it daily. I have tried, but it ends up being sporadic. My 1978 Alfa currently has clear packing tape covering 2 cracks in the rear window plastic from the cold, and winter floor mats that I need to take out. It is under-appreciated by the masses and the sportscar market and some would argue by me for using it as my "beater", but I disagree.

Ron