[Spridgets] Radiator

Kirk Hargreaves khargreaves2 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 13:15:01 MDT 2010

I had a Suzuki Swift on the side of the house not running.  I gave the car
to Larry Miller who drove up with a flat bed.  Couldn't find the key so we
had a great time hacking away at the steering mechanism in order to get it
on the flat bed.

The one part I took was the radiator.  I have no idea why. .  cause it is
not any beefier than the Brit radiator. .  but after I got it into my 59 BE.
.  the thing really cools the engine.

Before it was climbing up into the 225 + realm.  My stock radiator looked
good, would appear to flow water fine, but probably needed some attention.

The Swift radiator went in at an angle, slight angle with brackets.  I also
trimmed the edges of the electric fan which I use with a thermostat I picked
up at a local auto parts store that sits under the hood.  (The fan blade
tips were just touching the steering rack).

I run a thermostat which keeps the temps at 170.

Seems to make more sense for me than buying an expensive custom aluminum
radiator.

Kirk