[Spridgets] Jag Straight 6 at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma (Sears Point)

Kirk Hargreaves khargreaves2 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 13:45:55 MDT 2010

I was at the Vintage Wine Cup Classic about 3 years ago.  . only 30 - 40
minutes from where I live.

A prepped straight 6 E Type against a field of V8 Cobra's. .  fiber glass
tube frame type Factory 5 type Cobras running small blocks.

The E Type took the field.  As it came into the finish it was ahead of the
Cobra's by a good half lap.

I loved the sound of that straight 6 as it came down the back straight. .
what a site and what a sound!

I was in the paddock when the E Type driver pulled in.  Beautiful Jag drop
top with one cool looking engine, 3 Webers and whatever else that went into
the it.

The comment from the driver, "They couldn't catch the Cat in the corners."

Also to note, Infineon is not known for long straights.  Had it been a
different track with longer straight sections the outcome might have been
different.

Kirk