[Spridgets] Heater Box Clips

Dean Hedin dlh2001 at comcast.net
Fri Apr 9 18:46:13 MDT 2010

Billy Z,  What David said below is exactly what I was trying to explain in my previous
message.

It's not unreasonable for the temp to rise up above 200F if you are not getting good
flow of air through the radiator (like idling in traffic on a hot day).

But once you get moving the temp should come down close to what your thermostat
temp is.  Just look back at Skips email, on an 85F day and running
hard he is seeing 185F.  That is ideal.

And like you said there is some head room in that it won't boil until it gets to around 230F
but my engine starts to ping & run-on when I get up over 210F, so you don't want to go
there.

FWIW, with regard to thermostats, the manual states
160F for warm climates
180F normal
190F for cold climates

Vizard states best power produced at 160F (70c)

So I am not alarmed with the 160F I have in there now, but I do want to go back and
change it to a 180F at  some point.