[Spridgets] PowerMax Oil rings

Mark Haynes haynes386 at netzero.net
Wed Apr 7 09:25:13 MDT 2010

I'm about to start assembling my +.020 948 with Powermax pistons. The pistons
are original, never run with original rings. The oil rings are like nothing
I've ever seen, there are two hard (cast) rings which seem to interleave if in
the wrong orientation, and only fit well in the groove in the other
orientation. No scrapers and springs as per the usual. Does anyone have a
trick to keeping the orientations right as you get the ring compressor down
and around the rings? It looks like quite a challenge- maybe hold the rod in a
vise while setting up and clamping?

Mark Haynes
HAN6L12779
HAN5L8016