[Spridgets] Spridget electrical stuff

WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com
Sun Apr 4 15:19:57 MDT 2010

Hi list, I've also been doing some electrical stuff on my Sprite.  I  had
the low oil pressure warning light done a few days ago.  The tee for  the (25
psi) sensor is now on the back of the gauge (Stack guage is NPTF thread  so
I used an AN fitting) with a shorter wiring run (all inside the car).

However, I had to strip back the insulation off the loom from the engine
bay to remove the old low oil pressure sensor wiring.  For some reason I
also had an old but new earth that was also ready for removing.  They are  both
now removed back to inside the car.  I also moved the flasher can  inside
the car as I couldn't think of a could reason for it to be mounted inside
the engine bay.  Is inside the engine bay for a flasher can correct on a  69?

Also crimped and soldered 2 new connectors for the headlamp relay and they
had rubbish connectors from some years ago that needed replacing.

Found a bunch of other electrical tidying up jobs I'll need to follow
through at some point.  Still have to remove the old low oil pressure and
mystery new earth wire at the same time.  Just realised the old earth wire  would
have been for the old water temp gauge (Stack has 2 wires).

So, a bit less of a bird's nest of wiring though I have some connectors and
 odd bits and pieces I still need to finish off the job.  My toes were
getting numb in the garage so decided to call it a day.

I aspire to mil (military) connectors and super neat all heatshrink race
car loom - at least for the front of the car but the crimping tool is serious
 money + the connectors so some years away unless I get rich.

Have a great Easter and don't help the kids eat the eggs too much.

Weslake-Monza 1330