[Spridgets] Just can't figure these out (rant)

Frank spritenut at comcast.net
Fri Apr 2 14:59:16 MST 2010

David Riker wrote:
> I'm with Dean on this one.  I'd just add that replacing a wiring harness in
> a spridget isn't tough,

I have saved several smoked harnesses, I open them up, fix the melted
wire and the 1 or 2 it may have taken out when
it smoked.
Most smoked harnesses are from the red parking lamp wire or the brown
always hot from the battery.
They short out somewhere along the line, the parking lamp wire seems to
alway smoke where it runs behind the interior panel along
the right side of the car or where it runs over the wheel hump.
The brown wire seems like it smokes from the headlamp switch more times
than not.
So if your brown alternator wire let it's smoke out, check the headlamp
switch or your connections where you went from generator to alternator.
the brown and brown/blue wires.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ