[Spridgets] Wheels off

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 15:07:09 MDT 2009

Not being facetious here, only trying to become more educated. What about
wire wheel cars?  I've never raced one so have no idea how you'd check the
torque on the spinner. Also, I would think it makes things a bit dicy if the
wires aren't tuned and true......  I HAVE broken spokes on wire wheel cars
under hard cornering and it pitches the car around somewhat when it happens
as the wheel stresses into an out of true condition. Surely we can't check
all the spokes for true!  It is the "too tight" spokes that are usually the
ones that break.

Cheers!!
Jim - Inquiring minds....

On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 1:55 PM, Ron Soave <soavero at yahoo.com> wrote:

> >From the Runoffs. Here's why we'll be having a brief tech inspection that
> will include asking you demonstrate torqued lug nuts prior to going on the
> track for touring at Elkhart Lake in 2011:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtM5cxkYzpU
>
> Ron

Cheers!!
Jim
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am
not
sure about the former. - Albert Einstein