[Spridgets] Was: California Ammunition Restrictions NO Spridget content

David Lieb 72spridget at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 13:53:09 MDT 2009

> ... Equal heathcare should be a right, not a privilege.

Bleeding hearts aside, exactly what is the basis for such a statement?
And how would you define "equal healthcare"? If my neighbor gets
cancer, he wants rather more healthcare than I do; would he not suffer
under equal healthcare?

We do happen to live in a capitalistic society. Most of us grew up
being told that communism was evil. Now we get communistic principles
floated at us with no attempt at logic. Sure, equal healthcare is a
great concept (assuming it is both equal AND good). So are most of the
other principles in communism. Unfortunately, if you could make
everyone equal (please note that the Declaration of Independence
merely states that all men are created equal, NOT that they remain
equal), you have also removed all motivation to go out and do
something.
David L