[Spridgets] Car Dealer question, absolutely NO LBC

Robert Evans b-evans at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 23 17:43:49 MDT 2009

Frank Clarici wrote:  "Yeah, I am the co-signer on my daughter's VW which is
worth 5k less than she owes."

I told mine, "No, I won't co-sign for you.  Earn and save your own money."
If I did loan them any money, they got a passbook from me and paid the going
bank interest rate.  And yes, I did repo one of their cars.

Pam and I told all of our children that we were raising them the same way
our parents raised us.  And we thought our parents did a pretty good job.
On the other hand, the people across the street *gave* their son his first
car--a new 280.  Of course, although he lives less than 5 miles away, he
shows his deep appreciation by bring his wife and child to see them about
once a year.  If they are lucky (once it was almost 3 years).

The funny thing is, WE wound up with the best kids, and they are raising
theirs in the same strict, horrible, mean and cruel way we raised *them*!
So we must have done something right.