[Spridgets] Weber Help

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 22 21:16:07 MDT 2009

JLC,
Joining this late - Personally, I have had several Webers, it's only the
relatively recent Spanish Webers made ~2004 to 2006 (just before and after the
strike) that seemed to be of lower quality. I have a 45DCOE made in 1997 in
Spain that's as nice as any I have seen, and I recently traded someone with
one I bought in 2008 and it was pretty good as well. As Daniel said, the
castings were sloppy on the "bad" ones.

Ron

--- On Tue, 9/22/09, JLC
<breton48 at live.com> wrote:

> From: JLC <breton48 at live.com>
> Subject: Re:
[Spridgets] Weber Help
> To: spridgets at autox.team.net
> Date: Tuesday,
September 22, 2009, 10:08 PM
> Thanks for the answer.  I will
> enquire
whether I can buy new Weber  carbs
> made in Italy or not!
>

> JLC
>

> Weslake-Monza wrote:
>

> The casting of the made in
Spain DCOE's I have seen isn't
> as tidy as the
> earlier made in Italy
DCOEs.  The casting finish is
> less smooth, bitty in
> places with possibly
poor metal run.  Yes, Yes, I know
> it's just a carb and
> no-one will notice
when it gets dirty.

> I think recently someone in the UK had some
more carbs made