[Spridgets] fire extinguisher?

David Lieb 72spridget at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 20:59:41 MDT 2009

Yes indeed, to each his own.
Unscrew the oil pressure line from the block and you have a fairly
standard pipe thread. The thin pipe puts up with the vibration of the
engine, so moving it a couple inches to a T is not a big deal. A relay
in the fuel pump circuit is not necessarily a bad thing under any
circumstances, but it would not be necessary here. If there is a
failure, it would be easy to diagnose and/or bypass.

"Imagine a little black box with 4 wires..." OK, a quick google shows
circuits with a 555 timer, a couple capacitors, a couple resistors,
and a transistor. How many ways can that fail? How hot does it get in
your engine compartment? No thanks.

Ah yes, I thought Forrest Mims sounded familiar... I used to have a
project book from Radio Shack by him ;-)
David L