[Spridgets] fire extinguisher?

mike rambour mikey at b2systems.com
Wed Sep 16 11:19:52 MDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-09-16 at 06:41 -0500, David Lieb wrote:
> > More convienent would be a sense/relay circuit that triggers off of the low side of the ignition coil.
>
> But that ignores the entire purpose of shutting off the supply of fuel
> in the event of a roll-over accident or some such. The concept being
> that there has been a catastrophic situation, the fuel pump is still

 agreed that the ignition coil is a bad idea in case of a crash where
you are unconscious, my wifes Alfa's had inertia switches and they seems
to work well but I have been told they require some planning as to their
location, I know they have to be vertical, not sure what else.

 My Dino has a oil pressure sensor, seems to me that is the best, no oil
pressure no fuel.   Its just one relay and sending unit, when you first
turn on the ignition the fuel pump is energized and you can fill the
carb bowls with fuel but after the ignition has been on, the instant you
lose oil pressure the fuel pump turns off.

 I like the system so much that I am going to put in my Singer when it
gets on the road.  Its just one relay, one sending unit and 2 wires, the
sending unit is the hardest part to install on spridget motor, you have
to put a T in the oil pressure sending unit or get oil pressure
somewhere else, for me I will just put a T in there.

	mike