[Spridgets] Elkhart Lake Weekend (Pt 1 of 3)

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 14 21:42:52 MDT 2009

Still adjusting to normal life after a great race weekend and Road America at Elkhart Lake, WI with some special guests.

Larry Daniels and Peter C. were crewing for me as always, but this time we were joined by Frank Clarici from Jersey and Jim Johnson, who did a partial Iron Butt on his BMW cycle 2000 miles round trip or so from Dodge City, KS (Jim is still on the road as I type).

Thursday is setup day, which Jeff Porasik and I did while Frank arrived at O'Hare, met by David Lieb who loaned him the ex-Crash Ramsey five speed Bugeye for the weekend. Frank drove it 150 miles or so to Peter's, complaining a bit that it only seemed to run right over 80 MPH (there are worse problems!). Frank and Peter naturally spent the evening tuning it and getting it as good as possible for the trip the next day. If I had known about the "Clarici for Clunkers" program, I'd have loaned Frank my green Bugeye myself. Next time.

pt 2 coming...