[Spridgets] Changing Bushings

rrengineer @dslextreme.com rrengineer at dslextreme.com
Wed Sep 9 15:36:51 MDT 2009

When you change out the bushings at the inner A-arm, do you tighten them
before you put the car down on it's weight or after.  I seem to remember I
read somewhere that the inner bushing bolts are tightened after the car is
on it's wheels (I guess it would have to be on a lift) so the bushings are
centered in the respective bore for equal bending movement of the rubber
when the A-arm goes up and down.  Doesn't the bolt passing through the
bonded metal tube just turn inside and the rubber stays put?
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2