[Spridgets] Will 1972 Chevrolet Vega GT wheel's fit my 62 Sprite?

Larry Daniels ladaniels at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 31 10:27:35 MST 2009

The key here is gently. When I did mine, I got a little impatient (and a
little medieval), and ended up cracking the paint around the wheel arch.
OTOH, the tires didn't rub anymore.

-=Chris

Chris King
http://home.comcast.net/~kvcbk/

I was just reading a couple of days ago that gently heating the arch with a
heat gun to about 160 degrees will help to keep the paint from cracking.
Use an infrared pyrometer so you don't overheat it.

And, yes, just as Chris also said, gentle is key here.  They mentioned
rolling the bat back and forth and not trying to bend more than a tenth of
an inch at a time.

LAD