[Spridgets] Auto-choke question 1500

Don Herrick dbherrick at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 18:50:21 MST 2009

OK, my first post so please be gentle.

Midget 1500 1979, CA emmissions -- I am reassembling original carb &
manifold after removing a Weber.. Have Bentley and Haynes.  My question is
about assembling the auto-choke.  I know you need to engage the end of the
coil to the operating arm and line up the index mark on the water jacket
with the mark on the auto-choke body.  My question is, which way do you
rotate the water jacket to line up the index marks, clockwise or
counterclockwise?  If you rotate it one way you wind up the coil and if you
rotate it the other way you unwind the coil.  It seems to me that you would
end up with very different results!  The manuals don't say which way to
rotate the jacket.  Should it just be obvious?

Don in CA