[Spridgets] Sudden stop

John O'Brien banjojohn at cox.net
Sun Oct 25 14:48:45 MST 2009

Rick:

I think you hit it.  Shortly after the last time it happened, I lost the gas
cap I had.  I went in and bought a new one that is the correct vented cap.
It's possible the one I had was not vented.  So far, knock wood, I haven't
had it quit on me since, although I've only had it out a couple times due to
weather.  After thinking about it, I had resealed the fuel gauge sender
because it was leaking when the tank was full.  It was probably venting
also.  When I sealed it I lost the vent.

Thanks for the suggestion.  It's the only one that made sense to happen
right after sealing the fuel sender.

John O'Brien

'65 BJ8

"61 Bugeye