[Spridgets] No LBC - Heat Shields

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 17 06:13:53 MDT 2009

Look for stuff called "Min K" or Kaowool. It's a wool-like, but a tiny layer
of it will be all you need. I'd goog it for u but am on a mobile (not while
driving!). You may be able to get a sample from a supplier thqt will be all
you need.

--- On Sat, 10/17/09, rrengineer @dslextreme.com

"Spridget" <spridgets at autox.team.net>
> Date: Saturday, October 17, 2009, 4:19
AM
> Sorry to bomb the list, but I thought
> someone might know what kind of

material I could use to insulate a couple of heat shield
> brackets and hose

clamps on my Harley.  I just had two exhaust heat
> shields re-chromed because
> they turned dark and splotched from the heat of my exhaust
> pipes.  There
are
> brackets welded to the back of curved sheet metal and hose
> clamps pass
> through the brackets.  The hose clamps wrap around the
> exhaust pipes and

part of the bracket touches the pipe too.  The heat is
> transferred at these
> clamps and brackets causing the problem.  Does anyone
> know of a high temp
> gasket material I could put under the hose clamps to stop
> the heat

transfer?  Re-chroming is expensive!

http://www.team.net/donate.html