[Spridgets] Last Autocross of the area... No LBC content!!

Michael Rowe mdrowe at optonline.net
Tue Oct 13 13:03:30 MDT 2009

One question....Did you ever let her drive the Spridget?

I don't think she ever drove the one we dated in.  I do remember that she helped me pull and replace the engine and transmission.  It was stuck in reverse and we had to back up several miles on the switch-backs in the hills above Honolulu.  This remains a family joke to this day (and they all think I am nuts to get another Spridget).

I didn't have much money, so we rented a hoist, pulled the unit ourselves and carried the transmission to the shop for repairs.  Her father was not mechanical and was really impressed that we did this.  I got a lot of points, which I really needed because I was not at all interested in going to University ball games with him - a big loss of points.

Michael Rowe