[Spridgets] Clutch rattle

Paul Asgeirsson PAsgeirsson at att.net
Thu Oct 8 18:26:21 MDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Rowe" <mdrowe at optonline.net>
To: "David Lieb" <72spridget at gmail.com>
Cc: "Spridget Chat Group" <spridgets at autox.team.net>
Sent: Thursday, October 08, 2009 4:31 PM
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Clutch rattle

>  How do I test these transmissions before I
> put one in?

You pray and light candles on the fireplace mantle!

My experience has been that about 98% of the trannies that are out of a car
and is a "spare", are pretty shot.

You really can't find out a lot about their condition until you open them
up.  If the drain plug is wiped clean, I'm really suspicious of the tranny.

If you do find it's an OK one, make a magnetic plug using a dab of JB Weld
in the plug and a small round magnet you can get at Home Depot,  They come
about a dozen in a roll you can pick up.

Paul A