[Spridgets] Not LBC......Both the Pontiac & Saturn end December 2009 .....I'm in mourning

Mark mark at nashvilletn.org
Thu Oct 8 17:02:24 MDT 2009

In the late fall of 59 I went to the Indianapolis car show with my Dad to
see what was new.  There on the floor was a beautiful 1960 white Pontiac
Bonneville Convertible, 389 Tri-Power, and blue striped leather interior.  I
was only a month or two away from getting my license and thought this would
be a really nice car for "me".  At the time my Mother had a baby blue County
Squire wagon which she hated.  Dad bought it on the spot and had it
delivered to Mother right after the car show.  I did get to drive it some
and really liked that car but my main transportation was a $300 52 Ford
convertible that I bought with my paper route money.  I too hate to see
Pontiac go but in the last 25 years it has just not had the good stuff that
made them special.

Mark
Nashville

--

RD, if I'm not mistaken, Pontiac had a 326 until 1967 and that was opened up
to a 350 in 68 -- unless the 327 was a transplant.

LAD