[Spridgets] Is your Spridget dangerous to your health?

Larry Daniels ladaniels at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 7 12:50:47 MDT 2009

From: "Dave G." <kk7ss at verizon.net>
Sent: Wednesday, October 07, 2009 12:03 PM
To: "spridgets" <spridgets at autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Is your Spridget dangerous to your health?

For reference purposes (from ASHA.ORG)

Painful

    150 dB = rock music peak
    140 dB = firearms, air raid siren, jet engine
    130 dB = jackhammer
    120 dB = jet plane take-off, amplified rock music at 4-6 ft., car
stereo, band practice

Extremely Loud

    110 dB = rock music, model airplane
    106 dB = timpani and bass drum rolls
    100 dB = snowmobile, chain saw, pneumatic drill
    90 dB = lawnmower, shop tools, truck traffic, subway

I know that having a gun shot blast going right into your ear from less than
10 feet away will cause you to lose nearly 100% of your hearing only to be
replaced by a never-ending ringing.  At least it hasn't ended in 26 years so
far.

Peter C. has to have me remind him which ear I can't hear out of so that he
can sit on the other side and not have to repeat everything he says a couple
times.   ;-)

LAD