[Spridgets] World Rally Championship

Andrew Payne andrewpayne at intrex.net
Tue Oct 6 19:56:13 MDT 2009

I just finished watching Discovery Theaters starting coverage of WRC.  I am
glad to have it back on TV, but the coverage is a bit thin at an hour for a
whole weekends racing.  Unfortunately, most of the manufacturers jumped
ship last year.  Now, the only factory teams are Citrokn and Ford.  Gone are
Mitsubishi, Subaru, Peugeot, Suzuki, and Skoda.  They still have cars there,
but just as privateers.

The season is over, but the shows start at the beginning of the season,
however it looks like Loeb will once again dominate.  He is a spectacular
driver and seems like a good guy, but I miss the mystery of wondering who
will win. Also, Loeb is very fast and clean, and most of the fast, sideways,
dramatic drivers have retired.  For the record, I still dont KNOW how the
season ends, and plan to keep it that way.

Still, there is some great driving, better than most anything we get in the
states.  But somehow, FIA is managing to screw up yet fantastic racing
franchise.

Drew