[Spridgets] Sprite Radio Problem

Paul Herder george.brokaw at cox.net
Tue Oct 6 19:13:22 MDT 2009

Spark Plug wires?

Or distributor cap/rotor?

Paul

-----Original Message-----

This is way WEIRD!
Ladybug  (Bugeye) 1275, modern jap alternator, negative ground, new MP3,
satellite, CD, tuner no knob type chinese radio made by Kenwood.
Key on, car NOT running, radio/CDs work perfect.
Start engine, now the radio and CD stutter.
This is NOT a stuttering CD, the speakers damn near go quiet and they
stutter. The music stays in sync.
Different CDs, different radio stations.
Now rev the engine and it works fine again.
So I'm thinking bad alternator. Nope, I just tried 3 different ones,
same deal.
Bum radio? I hooked it up in my 67 and it works car running or not.
So back to Ladybug. Hook it up direct to battery, disconnect the
alternator, SAME stutter but it's fine with the engine off.
No alternator and engine running makes it stutter.

Ignition noise? Different coil, different dizzy, same problem.
Tach? I bypassed it, no change.

Remember, I know the radio is fine in a different car. So what the hell
is wrong with Tiffany's car that makes the radio stutter?
It worked fine, then I replaced the engine but used all the bolt ons
from the other engine, now it does not work.
And I did check the speaker wires, but what changes when the engine is
running and only on her car.
Remember, it works in my 67 engine running.
And it works in Tiff's car engine NOT running, only when the motor is
running does it not work.

Oh, no electric fan on this car either.

--
Frank Clarici