[Spridgets] Not LBC......Both the Pontiac & Saturn end December 2009 .....I'm in mourning

Bud Osbourne abcoz at hky.com
Tue Oct 6 05:21:18 MDT 2009

Pontiacs have always been kind of special to me.  When I was a little kid,
back in the 50s, our next door neighbor owned a Pontiac dealership.  Always
lots of new Pontiacs coming and going, and with a few of them coming to live
in my family's garage.  One of them, a '57 Star Chief (or was it a Super
Chief???)Safari wagon, special ordered by Mrs. Weaver (agency was Ray E
Weaver Pontiac, in Etna, just outside of Pittsburgh) became my mom's
all-time favorite car, which we kept for many, many years and was the car in
which I passed my driver's license test in.
LBC connection, here: Mr. Weaver and my dad became pretty good friends and,
any time he took a LBC in on trade, it was brought home for my dad to play
with.  So, at a very impressionable age, I got to ride around in some really
sweet MGs and Triumphs (never any Healeys taken in on trade :( and at least
one Jaguar.  These trade-ins, which Mr. Weaver brought home for my dad to
play with (he couldn't get my mom to go along with buying one, however)
infected me with the sports car disease.....BIG TIME........and I've never
recovered, thank God.
I, for one, will miss Pontiacs being produced, even though I've never
personally owned one.
Bud Osbourne