[Spridgets] Help - Seemingly Incurable Brake Fade

Michael Rowe mdrowe at optonline.net
Mon Oct 5 15:42:07 MDT 2009

> There are very few street cars on street tires that can crack 1G.  A 40 or
> 50 year old Spridget won't even come close.

A few months ago when I was just learning my car, I rounded an on-ramp at
what seemed to be a respectable speed for an unmodified Spridget.  The car
was struggling a bit (it turned out one of my swaybar links was broken), and
I was sliding a little in my seat as I have no shoulder harness, but all
tires were firmly and quietly on the road.

In front of me was a standard, white trades van.  As I struggled around the
turn, the trades van pulled away from me!

Michael Rowe
'74 Midget
'60 Sprite
Long Island, NY