[Spridgets] Help - Seemingly Incurable Brake Fade

Kirk Hargreaves khargreaves2 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 16:41:07 MDT 2009

David,

Thanks for the input regarding my brake fade situation.  I also found
yesterday that the spring - return spring on the brake side of the master
cyl had broken off.  I replaced it. .  made it feel a little better.

I have some new lines coming, braided lines for the front which might make a
difference.   As far as the rear brakes go, I am tempted to not use them at
all!  Cut them off from the system and let the front brakes stop the 1400 lb
car!  The fronts do over 70% of the work anyway.  . right?  Well, I am not
so sure about taking this route, but it is tempting!

I am not sure how old the rear shoes are since they have been on the car
since I bought it.  . about 5 years ago.  I am going to pull the rear brakes
apart, fix the leak and put some new shoes in.

The shoes that I have are in a green box from Moss.  "Made in England".  The
box says ABS on the top front with a pic of the shoes on the green box in
yellow.

I would guess that these might be the poorly patterned shoes that you are
referring too . . But I have not installed them yet.

Thanks for taking the time to give me your insight on the matter. .  it is
appreciated.

Kirk