[Spridgets] 1098 Magic Motor

Frank spritenut at comcast.net
Sat Nov 28 18:57:53 MST 2009

After fixing the leaky carb, she fired up but had no oil pressure gauge
hooked up to it so now I have a line of oil from the back of my garage
to the overhead door, it has pressure! I put a gauge on it and it has a
steady 65 psi even at a low idle, which sounded very sweet humming away
on the garage floor.
It's dirty, greasy. painted weird green but it does run nice, no smoke,
no knocks, no taps, and no guarantee about oil leaks.
I did see oil weeping out of the filter canister which I am sure is just
the 40 year old O  ring needing to be replaced along with the 40 year
old oil filter.
I ran it for two 5 minute intervals, I did not have a radiator hooked up
to it. The rear carb uses more gas than the front carb so they are out
of sync but work OK.
I would like to get what the carbs, starter, generator, and dizzy are
worth, $200. If no takers, it goes in my $50 Midget.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ