[Spridgets] Fw: calipers and kingpins

James Lempe oldtimealaskan at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 18 17:28:37 MST 2009

 A penny saved is a government oversite!

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: James Lempe <oldtimealaskan at yahoo.com>
To: Leo S <60bugeye at cebridge.net>
Sent: Wed, November 18, 2009 10:22:10 AM
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] calipers and
kingpins

Hi Leo,

I just completed "Brazing" in new fulcrum pin bushings
yesterday.  If you have a Acelyene Torch and have done some brazing in the
past it isn't a big deal.  I'm sure you know brazing doesn't take very much
heat.  If you do tackle the job put LOTS of anti-sezing compound inside the
bushings and on the pin.  If you don't you'll never get the pin back out after
brazing.  Also lay the "A" arm flat when you braze so the
anti-sezing compound doesn't run out.  Use a caliper to measure the distance
between the bushings before you remove the old ones.  Be really careful with
the heat near the threads on the open end of the bushing.  Good Luck!

Jim
Lempe, Homer Alaska

'61 MK I AN5L26749
'66 MK II HAN8L52348