[Spridgets] E85 Conversion

brian S bugeye15 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 7 21:24:11 MST 2009

Hey all,

I also posted this to the Yahooey Bugeye list.

Has anyone done or thought of converting their Bugeye/Spridget

to run E85?

I know that I'd have to change the fuel lines, and possibly the

electric fuel pump. Not major obstacles.

Biggest question I have is if I'd have to change the carb needles?

And if so to what?

At the moment, engine is a  1098, ported head, HS2's, LCB header,

big cam, not sure the specs, but I believe it is at least

equivalent to a 286 , as it doesn't have much power til over 3000rspm.

The thoughts of having easy access to 100 octane and prices

about $1 a gallon cheaper than Premium unleaded, seem pretty

enticing. Car does run better with an octane booster...

Brian S.
Bugeyeracer finally resto'ed!