[Spridgets] Final details....

Frank spritenut at comcast.net
Sat Nov 7 19:53:16 MST 2009

Edward Perez wrote:
> I'm so amp'd that I'm finally able to drive the Midget thanks to BillM, RickB and Rich Ball.  I installed the new starter and she's ready to go.  A few minor details that I would like to iron out.....
>
> 1.  Missing at 3500 RPM and above...power seems to die off when is should be kicking in (Kent 256 cam).

Timing or carbs too lean.
> 2.  No horn (I have to use my finger)

Fuse? Dead horn? Check the horn itself first, put 12 volts to it and see
if it works.
> 3.  No directionals (but the hazards work)

At the hazard switch there are 2 solid green wires, they are connected
inside the hazard switch, hook those 2 solid green wires together and
by-pass the switch,
see if the signals work now. Remember have the key on. If not,
check/replace the flasher unit, it's NOT the one inside the console,
that one is for the hazards, it's up under the dash behind the glove box.
Or check/clean the contacts on the stalk switch.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ