[Spridgets] EZ-SoftTop

Michael Rowe mdrowe at optonline.net
Wed Nov 4 17:28:14 MST 2009

This is to report a good conclusion to my soft top problem.

I bought an EZ-SoftTop online.  The quality of materials and construction appeared good, but it did not fit.  The reason is not clear.  It might have been some mistake on my part, a difference in my top frame, or bad shaping of the zip-out window.  It was checked by my local top guy and we never figured it out.      (There was some question about a statement from the factory that they had never seen a retaining strip before and provided rear snaps for a '74 Midget.)

In any case, after some discussion and exchange of pictures, Denise at EZ-Soft tops handled the problem with good humor, accepted a return, and refunded my payment.  I would, of course, prefer that the top fit properly.  But given it did not, the matter was resolved honorably and I can recommend EZ-SoftTops.

Michael Rowe
'74 Midget
'60 Sprite kit
Long Island, NY