[Spridgets] [midgetsprite]

David Lieb 72spridget at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 05:37:05 MST 2009

> ps  In the UK when facing forwards in the normal direction of travel the
> left of the car is the nearside, the right or driver's side (NO - I 'm not
> going to start again) is on the offside.  When facing the car from the
> front, the left and right sides change but the nearside and offside remain
> as they were.

Well, at least here in the USA we do not have this problem. The right
and left sides of ANY piece of equipment are defined as the operator's
right and left when in the usual position used to operate the
equipment, thus the right and left sides of the typewriter, the car,
the shovel, etc., do NOT change if you walk around to another
position.

And yes, most of the rest of the world seems to agree with us that
Napoleon was right, even if he did lose to Wellington.
David L