[Spridgets] In my own back yard

Frank spritenut at comcast.net
Sun May 31 19:37:53 MDT 2009

They just seek me out and jump into my garage.
This time a 64 Morris Minor woody complete with most of a 65 or 66
Sprite parts pile.
But I did NOT buy it.
My daughter in law bought it for my son's 30th birthday.
Besides, they have been looking for a family car since she is expecting
in early July and need a family truckster.
Something about the Sprite child seat I gave her for the baby shower
just didn't cut it. :( but for the 5 block trip from their house to mine,
the Sprite baby seat will be just fine :)
So Does anybody on this list know anything about Minors?
I already know about the engine ;) but Jr wants to put a modern
drivetrain in it. Jap of course, toyota or nissan.
Power brakes as it will be the little lady's main transport with the
child. Hey it has a back seat for the child safety seat and 2 barn doors
in the back for the grocerys.

The car needs floors, where do I get them?
I know a good carpenter to replace all the wood so that's not a problem.
Other than that, it's very straight, no dents, no upper end rust and all
the glass is there.
Some one fiberglassed the floors years ago and they rusted under the
glass, they're pretty rough but there.
Another father/son project.  And I didn't quite finish the 69 when a new
project arrives.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ