[Spridgets] front suspension question

Frank spritenut at comcast.net
Wed May 27 20:01:25 MDT 2009

Phil Nase wrote:

> I'm just not sure what's gonna happen if I unbolt the shock arm.

Nothing will happen.
I just undid the front end on the 69 project car tonight.
Jack up the A arm just so the shock is up a little, undo the nut, lower
the A arm and/or pry up the shock to get the trunnion off.
With everything disconnected you still have to yank the spring out but
it's pretty easy to do by hand.
I just did it. Kicking it back it is tough as you can kick the car off
the jack stands, it is wise to have a helper lean on the car when you
are kicking it ;)
But fear not, the spring will not fly out or even go *BOING*

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ