[Spridgets] Tie rod end boots

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Fri May 22 00:31:05 MDT 2009

Dave,

Its the cheap $hit rubber we are getting nowadays. Everything rubber that
I've bought in the past 5 or so years has been absolute crap. It either
doesn't fit or it pulls apart when stretched or rots out in short order. We
had the same problem with a lot of the rubber that we got for the Holy
Sprite project. I actually have a set of tie rod end boots still in the
boxes which have been on a garage shelf for 4 years. I took them down the
other day and there are already cracks around the small end!!  They haven't
even been on the car!
Cheap a$$ Chinese $hit!!

The only real blessing has been the Silicone radiator hoses I got from
Daniel Stapleton. They are superb!!

Cheers!!
Jim

P.S. Frank will be along in a minute to provide more cursing and yelling
about cheap $hit rubber....   ;-)

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 12:57 AM, David Ambrose <stargazer1 at cox.net> wrote:

> My son and I inspected his tie rod end boots a few weeks ago and were
> somewhat dismayed to discover that both sides had pretty much
disintegrated.
> They're only a couple of years old. Did we just get some bad ones, or is
> this a more systemic problem?
>
> We're in San Diego, and I don't think the air pollution is **that** bad,
>
> Thanks,
> Dave Ambrose

Cheers!!
Jim
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am
not
sure about the former. - Albert Einstein