[Spridgets] Timing Question

fastvee fastvee at yahoo.com
Thu May 21 14:00:18 MDT 2009

He wouldn't have meant cam timing because that change won't net more torque,
just shift the torque in the RPM range. Now ignition timing definitely affects
torque, and maybe what he said is true for a specific application. Just a WAG,
If you had a fuel that resisted detonation yet burned at a faster rate you
wouldn't need as much timing, and a later ignition might put more force to the
crank throw. Nitro methane? Maybe he was a drag racer? The only thing retarded
timing would accomplish for us would be overheating.
John
Fogelsville, PA