[Spridgets] Timing Question

Kirk Hargreaves khargreaves2 at gmail.com
Thu May 21 13:02:46 MDT 2009

List,

I have not checked my timing in a while and thought I would ask a quick
question regarding.

I have a stock 1275 with a Weber DCOE 45 (actually an OER equivalent),
electric fan, electric fuel pump, headers and Monza exhaust.  (Not that the
electric fan or the electric fuel pump take that much stress off the engine
to make a difference in timing) - but at any rate. . .

What should I set my timing at?

Some guy I was talking to the other day was telling me that the further you
retard your timing, the more torque you are going to pull from your engine.
. . I can maybe see that to a point, but not sure how a 1275 would be
affected?

Thanks. . .

Kirk