[Spridgets] RIP: Timing light, recommendations?

Chris Manuel cmanuel at wi.rr.com
Wed May 20 20:56:27 MDT 2009

Hi-

Well, my trusty old 30 plus year old Craftsmen timing light has finally bit
the dust.  It was a no frills point and go model with no advance, but built
well enough.  I think the bulb finally went due to its change in color, and
probably a capacitor at least.

Is there a half way decent modern replacement for this (and I'm not going to
buy a SUN or Snap On with matching case for $300).

I see a lot of no name ones out there between the 40 and 80 dollar range.
Worth it or should I start trolling the 'Bay for one?

BTW, I have nothing else in the fleet that would require it, nor do the
family or neighbors.

Chris