[Spridgets] Second Call: Northwest Organization of Spridget Handymen In Transit

Richard Ball richb at u.washington.edu
Wed May 20 17:22:28 MDT 2009

Everything but the hard pipes.  New wheel cylinders, hoses, pads, shoes and
stoplight switch.  Rebuilt calipers by Paul A.  New seals in the brake
pressure warning valve.

That leaves us with the master cylinder.  I have finally gotten it apart in
preparation for rebuilding.  I'll clean it up tonight and take a close  look
at the bore for pits and scoring.

Here's the problem.  the rear (primary?) piston  has a large score and burr
in it.  I'm pretty sure this is from my lame attempt to drill and pull out
the nylon guide.  Does anyone have a piston they are willing to part with if
the cylinder is clean enough to rebuild?  I should know tonight.  I may need
to go with a whole new MC set up or another rebuildable core.  Any
suggestions?

Rich Ball