[Spridgets] Carlisle Import

Frank spritenut at comcast.net
Sat May 16 19:53:17 MDT 2009

I'm home, and only hit a little rain, not enough to stop and put the top
up but it did rain, it always rains at Carlisle Import.
But it was good to see all the guys again and I did great scrounging for
parts.
My son was with me but he only bought a few VW parts. Koni shocks for
his Dasher $20 a set. a couple of steering wheels and some polishing rags.
Other than that, the Sprite boot was full with my stash, no room for
luggage in the trunk.
The side curtains and bumper had to ride behind the seats along with our
luggage and 8 track tapes but we couldn't hear the music cause the
speakers were under duffel bags.
I found everything I need to finish the current 69 project, side
curtains for the ladybug, and the usual restocking goodies I *may* need
in the future.
On the free tables, there was 2 TR7 transmissions, yes 2 trannys for
free. On the Sprite free table I grabbed a working heater blower, new
carbon release bearing,
Sq body bonnet latch and a few other goodies, the VW $1 box had my son
busy and I even found a pair of Bosch tune up kits that sure look like
they will fit a Sprite, at least the condenser is exact but the points
get wired on the side, not the top. These were in the VW free table area.
Hey, cheap is good but free is better.
Found a pair of NOS late model window cranks, excellent set of original
head lamp rims, a whole trunk load of stuff.
It was a good 2 days.
And lots of cars, my buddy from Richmond, VA with a showed up in his 2CV
Truckette, he already has the 2CV car, now a truck or van with his
locksmith signs all over it.
Yes it is his daily driver, and his work truck. I got to drive it from
the pub last night, 2 cylinders, 28 hp, and 3 people in the thing and I
was wondering if it was going to make it up to the 35 mph speed limit.
Cool cars and simple.
I saw a 63 Toyota 600 sports car. Toyota actually had style back than as
did the Datsun with their Fairlady 1600. Yeah I know the new 370 Z is
known as a Fairlady in Japan but they all look like hondas except the
1600s, they look like MGBs ;)
Loads of Saabs, Renaults, Sunbeams, and even a Simca. I never saw so
many Opels in 1 spot either. Early BMWs and Audis,  Mazdas from back
when they went Hmmmmm instead of zoom-zoom-zoom with Wankle rotarys. RX2
and some other weird early Mazda.
Another great meet.

--
Frank Clarici