[Spridgets] new one for me

Frank spritenut at comcast.net
Tue May 12 20:46:12 MDT 2009

lindalnhvt at nhvt.net wrote:
> Tonight I was driving my 66 Sprite and switched on the headlights which
> caused the engine to sputter and spit and almost stall, like it was out of
> gas. When I shut off the lights, everything was fine, ran smooth. never
> happened before. Where do I start?
> Dick in NH

Dick
Try it again with only the parking lights on, This will tell you if it's
parking or headlights.
You may have a short between the ignition and light circuit.
White wire, ignition circuit
Red wire, parking lights
Blue wire (white stripe = high, red stripe = low beams)
Check under the dash as the key and light switch are close
Or the headlamp switch itself may have a terminal touching a ground
causing a major short draining all the juice.
I saw this on my 67 in the wiper switch.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ