[Spridgets] FIAT

robertduquette at sympatico.ca robertduquette at sympatico.ca
Fri May 8 12:53:10 MDT 2009

My brother bought a wrecked ( totalled ) X-19 that he found at a dealer's lot
'way back when' when I was going in for parts for my Spider.  I advised him
against it, but he had a mind of his own and he was an apprentice mechanic.
He completely dismantled it and got someone to do the welding and bodywork,
painted it yellow with black stripes down the sides and had a wonderful
experience with it.  When he was 43, he bought another one as a toy.  He
wasn't looking for a major project, especially not bodywork, though he did
have to do some work on it to get it safetied.  I own it now, and it is fun to
drive, but it just isn't my thing.