[Spridgets] The New Generation

rrengineer @dslextreme.com rrengineer at dslextreme.com
Sun May 3 19:58:54 MDT 2009

My son Justin (19 this month) and I just got back from the British
Extravaganza at Buttonwillow raceway.  There were VARA races and a car show
for British cars this weekend, the 14th annual.  My Bugeye took 2nd place in
the Sprite/Midget category among 3 nice Bugeyes.  The guy with the Bugeye on
the cover of the Moss Motors catalog (the siver car with the number 59) took
first place. The point is, I let my son drive the Bugeye for the first time
this weekend.  He drove it around the pit area and got to drive it around
the track!  I could not get him out of it.  Well, chalk another convert to
LBCs.  He says it's more fun to drive than his Acura Integra (something most
of knew already) and he is looking forward to next year or the next meet.
He said it was too bad the Bugeye could not be a daily driver.  I proceeded
to explain that it was for me back in 1971.  I think he has the fever and I
may be looking for a Bugeye or Midget project car soon.
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2